Banana Bread Recipe
When I bake I tend to find a recipe and then adjust it, adding in a bit of this and a bit of that and of course I never write it down so it can get a little tricky when sharing recipes... However, this one turned out so delicious (especially with added protein giving it more flavour) so I will try my best. The original recipe is 'Banana and Cinnamon Loaf' from Madeleine Shaw's Get the Glow cookbook (although I always find it hilarious because there is actually no cinnamon in the ingredients list even though it's in the title..!)
- 100g butter or coconut oil, melted (I used half of each)
- 100g brown sugar (or coconut sugar)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 tbsp coconut milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powder and 1 tsp cinnamon
- 250g ground almonds (I used around 150g ground almonds and 100g of plain flour - add more depending on consistency)
- 50g protein powder - I used WheyBox Vegan protein in Gingerbread and Vanilla
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and grease a loaf tin (or line with baking paper).
2. Mix all of the ingredients together in a food processor (add more milk if consistency is too thick or more flour if it seems too runny)
3. Pour into the loaf tin and bake in the oven for around 45 minutes or until brown on top and almost cooked through.
4. Remove from the oven and leave to cool slightly in the tin.
5. Enjoy on its own or it is delicious with greek or coconut yogurt and a squeeze of honey!