Oh maaaaaa god this was a dream. What is better than halloumi and pomegranate together? You have got to make this next time you fancy a meat free dish (or if you are just a cheese fiend like me!) and the best part is that it is so quick and easy to make.
Cooking quinoa in stock is genius because it takes away the bitter flavour which can be off putting, and having the fruity crunch from the pomegranate seeds makes it even better… so now you can enjoy this high protein grain with allllll the delicious flavour.
– 150g quinoa
– 350ml chicken (or vegetable) stock
– Coconut oil, for frying
– 1 red onion, chopped
– 1 yellow pepper, chopped
– Handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
– Juice of 1 lemon
– Large handful of pomegranate seeds
– 6 slices of halloumi
- Begin by cooking the quinoa according to packet instructions (10-15 minutes) with the stock in a saucepan, occasionally stirring and adding more water as needed.
- Fry the onion and pepper in some coconut oil until softened, then once the quinoa is cooked and the water/stock fully absorbed, combine together.
- Heat the grill and place the halloumi on a tray, grilling for a few minutes or until turning golden brown.
- Meanwhile, gently heat the quinoa mixture and stir through the parsley, lemon juice, pomegranate seeds and season to taste.
- Dish up the quinoa, top with the grilled halloumi and enjoy!