I’ve posted a banana loaf recipe on here before but this one is even better and has some protein in too. If you enjoy baking then give this one a go and let me know what you think! A soft, squidgy centre and a more crumbly outside – this recipe if perfect if you are craving cake. And if you’re worried about sitting at home and eating the whole thing (it’s inevitable) then make this for a family/friends gathering, or take it into work and share with colleagues.
Makes about 8 slices
– 2 ripe bananas
– 2 eggs
– 2 scoops protein powder (I used 1 unflavoured and 1 chocolate caramel)
– 1 tbsp almond butter (I use Pip&Nut)
– 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
– 50g coconut flour
– 75g oats
– 30g brown sugar
– 200ml coconut milk (or almond/cows milk etc.)
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Grease and line a loaf tin and pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Add all of the ingredients into a mixer/food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour into the prepared loaf tin and bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes (checking on it every so often).
- When cooked (knife comes out of the centre of the loaf clean), leave to cool slightly then serve warm with a drizzle of honey or leave to cool completely and enjoy for the next few days.
This would make a lovely dessert with greek yogurt and blueberries, or perfect as a post workout breakfast on-the-go!