Hello October! Here are some of the things that I have been loving so far this Autumn. Ranging from Game of Thrones mugs, new London restaurant finds, and my favourite whey protein. It’s time to surround yourself with comfort and cosiness; winter is coming…
1. Gymshark Flex Leggings & Bra
Super comfortable, figure hugging, and supportive, the newest range of Flex leggings and Flex sports bra are here and better than ever beforeThere are plenty of colours to choose from but this light grey marl and turquoise is my favourite set. Click here to shop the range! #FlexOnEm
2. Marble Phone Case & MacBook SkinI have been obsessed with my new MacBook skin (why have I never had one before!?) and my personalised phone case thanks to CaseApp. Check them out for affordable iPhone cases and MacBook skins – you can choose designs or create your own! The marble notebook is from Primark, coffee by Lavazza (the best coffee ever) and this book brings me on to my next favourite…
3. Rushing Woman’s SyndromeDr. Libby Weaver is rescuing me with her book ‘Rushing Woman’s Syndrome’ all about how to stay healthy (mentally and physically) in today’s busy world. If you often feel stressed, pressured or like life is getting on top of you, in a way that is impacting your mental health, then you need this book in your life. It will literally speak to you, give you perspective, teach you how to slow down and make you realise that everything will be okay. This is me in my favourite spot in my new dressing gown (Marks and Spencer hollaaaa) trying to restore my sanity. Time spent investing in yourself will never be wasted time.
4. WheyBox Protein
I have been reunited with my favourite protein after many months. I have posted about them before on here but they deserve a second mention because they are SO convenient and SO delicious.If you want variety posted straight to your door then you need to check WheyBox out – it is the most convenient whey to get your protein fix!Pssst. Coconut is my all time favourite
5. Central 23 Jon Snow mugI mean come on, is there anything better than Jon Snow on a mug that says coffee is coming!? If you are a Game of Thrones fan, or know anyone who is, then this is THE best gift of all time. They also have one which says tea is coming if you’re not a coffee lover… Check Central 23 out for the best gifts and greetings cards. Christmas sorted!
6. Ahi Poke – healthy, Hawaiin foodI think I quite literally ate a rainbow the other night at Ahi Poke near Tottenham Court Road in London. And when it comes to the toppings, go hard or go home right? With a base of quinoa, brown rice and kale you can build your own bowl with fresh fish and all the deliciousness from avocado, to pineapple, red cabbage and crispy onions! And with two locations in London, it is the perfect nutritious lunch or dinner fix. Visit their website here to drool over the menu and find your nearest location. And do not leave without the energy balls for dessert, they are out of this world good!
7. Borough Market & Greenwich ObservatoryIf this doesn’t scream October to you then I don’t know what does. Something I am loving this Autumn is strolling around markets (especially food related ones..) and parks. There is little better than walking through crunchy leaves and seeing the beautiful colours of Autumn, and even better when it comes with no cost; unless you go crazy and buy all of the pumpkins of course.And if you are looking for a new happy place, then my new favourite is Greenwich observatory, and living close by is a huge bonus. You can see the whole of London and there is enough nature to last you a lifetime – I highly recommend coming here if you live in London or are visiting and haven’t yet been.
8. Battle Oats barsIf you’re a snacker like me, or you’re always on-the-go and need a filling snack, then you will love Battle Oats. High in protein, there are a range of flavours including White Chocolate Coconut and Cranberry & Blueberry which are two of my favourites. And excellent news, they also now do Protein Cookies! See the full ranges here
9. Gingerbread Green TeaLiterally Autumn in a mug. This Twinings green tea is the perfect warmer, incredibly good for your insides, and tastes delicious. And it’s even better when it matches your decor! All my cushions are from Matalan and I am obsessed.
10. Home DecorFollowing on from number 9, I have become a little obsessed with home decor since moving into our new flat. Ikea has quite literally thrown up in my living room and I don’t think I’ve ever had so many candles out (or been so in love with a plant before). I have just uploaded a full Flat Tour on my YouTube so check that out here if you want home/room inspiration, want to know where everything is from, or if you are just super nosey and love these sorts of videos like me because you like looking in people’s cupboards and drawers.
And that concludes my October favourites! Thank you for reading and I hope that you have enjoyed, and that it has given you some ideas/inspiration 🙂 As always, I post a lot more content on my Instagram and YouTube so please follow and subscribe if you’d like to see more xoxo
4th September 2017
So it has been a little while since I last posted on my blog (although I hope you have been enjoying the timeless recipes!) and for those of you who don’t follow my social media, I just wanted to say hi! For the past 4 months, My boyfriend and I have been travelling around Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia and the Philippines, and the best part is, I vlogged it all!Over on my YouTube channel you can find all of our travel videos, as well as workout videos, what I eat in a day, and daily life chatty vlogs. Please click the subscribe button so you don’t miss any future videos 🙂You can see some incredible moments, ridiculous behind the scenes, and learn a little bit about travelling life! I hope that you enjoy following our adventures and I hope that the videos inspire you to see more of the world, make unforgettable memories and to experience things you never have before – jumping out of a plane in NZ, summitting mountains and swimming with whale sharks to name a few.This explains why I haven’t been posting on my blog, as I decided to document it all on YouTube so that you could see everything and come along with me. Now that I am back, however, I am thinking about doing some travelling posts for those of you who like to see pictures and read about places with tips and advice from my experiences etc. Please let me know if this is something you would be interested in and I may start a new blog series – Travel Tuesday! Every week talking about, and showing you, a new destination so that we can all escape together!
Happy Monday everyone xoxo
4th September 2017
Work out. Stand out.Beau Britches are bringing beautiful activewear to the U.K. inspired by the ever growing athleisure industry.Beau Britches know that it’s all about leggings.. but not just for the gym.
Activewear that makes you feel confident and fabulous whether you’re gymming or brunching.Visit www.beaubritches.co.uk to see their beautiful range.xoxo
19th March 2017
Finally on YouTube and ready to bring you better content from workout videos, to what I eat in a day, to vlogging my travels (April 12th I’m going away for 4 months!).
Please subscribe so you don’t miss any videos – direct link to my channel is top right!
Watch my latest video HERE which is a home workout for legs/glutes!
Thank you for following and supporting me – enjoy 🙂
12th March 2017
Introducing my newest guide which has a full week of workouts, focusing on the whole body to get you leaner, toned and feeling more body confident. Everything you need to get Summer Body ready and to stay in shape all year round!
To check out my Glute Guide and Core Guide click here.
Health and fitness should be enjoyable, not a chore, take the stress away with following an affordable plan (just £18!) to make you feel fabulous.
11th March 2017
So as I am leaving Nottingham soon, I thought I would put together some of my favourite places to eat and drink coffee. This was not easy (and is in no particular order!) as this amazing city is definitely not short of independent coffee shops, brunch spots and sweet treats.
Starbucks and Costa can step aside (do people seriously still go to these places!?) because there is MUCH better coffee out there and far better cake.
If you live in Nottingham or are visiting the city then these are the places you HAVE to go. It is non-negotiable.
- The Pudding Pantry – located near the Victoria centre this is the place to brunch, enjoy afternoon tea, or share a dessert tasting platter (yes, this is a thing). If you want American pancakes at any time of the day, gorgeous coffee (courtesy of Outpost coffee roasters who also have their own coffee shop in Hockley which is lovely!), and eggs that will keep you full for days (I’m not joking, the scrambled egg portions are insane) then this is the place for you. They are also well known for their Freakshakes (milkshakes topped with brownies and all sorts) and homemade cheesecakes and cakes with a new flavour to choose from every day.
- 200 degrees – with now two locations in Notts (one near the train station and the other just off Market Square), 200 degrees is my FAVOURITE place to get coffee on-the-go or to enjoy a Flat White inside with a slice of cake (they roast their own coffee). I particularly love their Caramel Shortbread, Courgette and Polenta cake (if I’ve remembered the name correctly!), and when they team up with The Nottingham Doughnut Co. (you haven’t lived until you have had a doughnut from here) and offer chocolate & coffee doughnuts. They also do an amazing feta and pepper filled croissant. Died and gone to heaven.
- Delilah Fine Foods – perhaps a little bit pricier but worth the spend, Delilah’s is a beautiful Deli and Cafe – you could spend a couple of hours in here eating, sneaking tasters and shopping. I love the poached eggs with hollandaise and crispy pancetta, or the smoked salmon with poached eggs – the choice of fresh breads are delicious. And you can’t leave without having a slice of their three tiered cakes!
- Aubrey’s Creperie – a new find that I wish I’d found sooner. Tucked away down an alley, this tiny cafe is a hidden gem and serves the best crepes I have ever had in my life. I’ve always loved a savoury crepe (or Galette) and these ones hit the nail on the head, and are made with buckwheat flour so are gluten and dairy free depending on what fillings you choose! And oh my god, the salted caramel crepe. You HAVE to get this. Because when you go, there’s no way you can order just one.
- Cartwheel – another coffee shop who also roast their own coffee, and the exceptionally friendly staff is what makes this small cafe. They do a very good brunch (all the avocado toast) but the real winner here is their carrot cake which is the best carrot cake in the whole world. Yes, this is a bold claim, but one I am willing to stand by and you NEED to try it. I also love that they bring over ‘tap water’ as ice cold glass bottles filled with mint, cucumber and fresh lime – it’s the little things!There are many other lovely places to eat and drink in Nottingham, places like Wired I will always visit time and time again (try their banana bread!), and this is what makes the city so great for me. I will miss coffee dates and hangover brunches, but I will definitely back to find new places, and to revisit old favourites.
Hope you enjoy 🙂
11th March 2017
I love cooking but if there’s something that’s going to make the job easier then I am all for it, especially when it comes to lunch prep or if I need a quick dinner after a long day. Enter IAM SUPER.
With a range of grains, beans and soups, all high in protein and fibre, IAM SUPER FOOD is great for convenience without sacrificing flavour.
They have covered everything from Pepper & Lentil Quinoa, to Chicken Soup and Beef Fajita Baked Beans. (Don’t even get me started on Sweet Potato & Chorizo Barley or Pulled Pork BBQ Beans oh my god.)
And they do the basics SO well – this morning I had the baked beans in a rich, tomato sauce with quorn sausages and scrambled egg and it was the perfect brunch to fill me up (and I don’t get full very easily..). They even top Heinz baked beans with both protein and fibre content!
I can’t wait to try out more recipes, especially with the grains, and share them with you, but for now you can enjoy 10% off ALL of these products here with the code – iamsuperlottie10
I would love to know if you get anything and what your favourites are out of the range so feel free to drop me an email or a message on social media
10th February 2017
Oh maaaaaa god this was a dream. What is better than halloumi and pomegranate together? You have got to make this next time you fancy a meat free dish (or if you are just a cheese fiend like me!) and the best part is that it is so quick and easy to make.
Cooking quinoa in stock is genius because it takes away the bitter flavour which can be off putting, and having the fruity crunch from the pomegranate seeds makes it even better… so now you can enjoy this high protein grain with allllll the delicious flavour.
– 150g quinoa
– 350ml chicken (or vegetable) stock
– Coconut oil, for frying
– 1 red onion, chopped
– 1 yellow pepper, chopped
– Handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
– Juice of 1 lemon
– Large handful of pomegranate seeds
– 6 slices of halloumi
- Begin by cooking the quinoa according to packet instructions (10-15 minutes) with the stock in a saucepan, occasionally stirring and adding more water as needed.
- Fry the onion and pepper in some coconut oil until softened, then once the quinoa is cooked and the water/stock fully absorbed, combine together.
- Heat the grill and place the halloumi on a tray, grilling for a few minutes or until turning golden brown.
- Meanwhile, gently heat the quinoa mixture and stir through the parsley, lemon juice, pomegranate seeds and season to taste.
- Dish up the quinoa, top with the grilled halloumi and enjoy!
10th February 2017
So I have been blown a-WHEY by this rainbow package that arrived on my doorstep from Whey Box last week, and even more impressed by how convenient and delicious the protein is.
In individual sachets, it is SO good for breakfast or shakes on the go. After the gym in the morning before work, when I’m ready to tuck into my post workout oats, it couldn’t be any easier to stir in a sachet of Whey Box protein (apart from deciding which one to choose..) for both flavour and nutrition. The Coconut one tastes amazing – I just cook oats, coconut milk, blueberries and raspberries in the microwave and then stir in the whey protein. Easy comfort food – and I know I’m getting 20g of protein in!
The Strawberry flavour is also the most enjoyable protein shake I’ve ever had – not grainy or artificial tasting at all, but smooth and so easy to drink.
I can’t wait to try the rest of the flavours in shakes, porridge, and I’m thinking Cookies and Cream protein mug cake and Gingerbread protein energy balls are on the cards. (Ooooo and the Banana flavour in my Protein Banana Loaf).
I 100% recommend giving this protein a go if, like me, you get bored of the same flavour, and want the convenience of having it ready to go in a portioned packet. Whey Box is a subscription box where you can have all 10 flavours delivered to you each month, or you can choose your favourite ones!
Let me know that you think and what your favourite flavours are (try the code VALENTINE5 for £5 off a gift box!) – I am definitely going to be ordering more – it really is the best whey 🙂
23rd January 2017
I’ve posted a banana loaf recipe on here before but this one is even better and has some protein in too. If you enjoy baking then give this one a go and let me know what you think! A soft, squidgy centre and a more crumbly outside – this recipe if perfect if you are craving cake. And if you’re worried about sitting at home and eating the whole thing (it’s inevitable) then make this for a family/friends gathering, or take it into work and share with colleagues.
Makes about 8 slices
– 2 ripe bananas
– 2 eggs
– 2 scoops protein powder (I used 1 unflavoured and 1 chocolate caramel)
– 1 tbsp almond butter (I use Pip&Nut)
– 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
– 50g coconut flour
– 75g oats
– 30g brown sugar
– 200ml coconut milk (or almond/cows milk etc.)
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Grease and line a loaf tin and pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Add all of the ingredients into a mixer/food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour into the prepared loaf tin and bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes (checking on it every so often).
- When cooked (knife comes out of the centre of the loaf clean), leave to cool slightly then serve warm with a drizzle of honey or leave to cool completely and enjoy for the next few days.
This would make a lovely dessert with greek yogurt and blueberries, or perfect as a post workout breakfast on-the-go!